I got this error in my admob consent.

Consent requirement: No CMP

AdMob publishers and developers are now required to use a consent management platform (CMP) certified by Google and registered with IAB’s Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) when serving ads to users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and UK. We’re rolling out the TCF requirement in stages, starting January 16, 2024.

Some ad requests on your inventory from the EEA and UK are missing a TCF string. Be sure to troubleshoot and fix any issues to avoid a significant impact on ad serving and revenue.

If you haven’t already, choose a CMP certified by Google and registered with the TCF.
Implement your CMP solution.

Note: If you recently adopted a CMP certified by Google, it may take up to 48 hours for this issue to be resolved and removed from the Policy center.

Keep in mind that some impacted traffic may be coming from past versions of this app that aren’t integrated with TCF. To fix this issue, encourage your app users to update to the latest version.

I have implemented admob consent, but I still got this error, I don’t know maybe my block was wrong. Please can someone show me how to set the blocking right.

dis is my block

I am having this same issue, brother. Please can anyone help out @Ajdeveloper please come help out.

Try to display error logs so we can check further in detail.