Could Someone Guide me on Implementing Firebase Authentication in Android App?

Hello there,

I am working on an Android app and I have been exploring Firebase as a backend solution. Specifically; I am looking to integrate Firebase Authentication to manage user logins.

While I have gone through the Firebase documentation; I am facing a few challenges and could really use some guidance from those with practical experience.

What are the recommended steps or best practices for integrating Firebase Authentication into an Android app? :thinking: Are there any pitfalls I should watch out for?

I would like to customize the UI of the authentication screens to match the apps design. How flexible is Firebase Authentication in terms of UI customization; and what approaches have worked well for others?

What are some security best practices when using Firebase Authentication? :thinking: How can I ensure that user data remains secure throughout the authentication process?

My app needs to support email/password login; as well as social login options like Google and Facebook. What is the recommended approach for handling these different authentication methods?

Are there any specific tools or strategies you recommend for testing Firebase Authentication during development? How can I effectively debug authentication issues?

Also; I have gone through this post; https://community.androidbuilder.in/t/firebase-core-firebase-authentication-not-working-devops/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

If you have implemented Firebase Authentication in your Android projects and have lessons learned to share; I am excited to hear about your experiences.

Thank you all in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: